From:
Sharon Kenney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:13:35 -0400
To keep my critters out of my box springs in my beds, I bought flat cheap
sheets and stapled them to the bottom of the box springs every couple of
inches.  It has worked, they know they can't go in there anymore and don't
even try.  I have been searching on the web looking for more information on
deaf ferrets.  I have a newbie named Winston that has the Waardensburg
gene.  He is the most lovable fert I have ever seen!  I have only had him
about a week now, he is about 11 months old and I got him as a playmate for
my terror Dominick, who is one.  So we are in the midst of the "let me show
you how you are supposed to fit on this totem pole thing." Winston hasn't
been around other ferrets for that long and he runs and hides when he sees
them.  He has been terrorized in the past and I am trying to keep mine from
tormenting him any more until he is accepted.  I have 3 now, so this is the
most I have had and the other 2 were cage mates.  So this may be where the
problem lies.  I have noticed that Dominick will make a digging motion when
he is nose to nose with Winston.  Would anyone know what that is all about?
My bunch has free roam unless they are timed out or all 3 are awake and
looking for trouble.  Sorry about the long post but if someone could point
me in the right direction for more info on deaf ferrets, I would really
appreciate it.

Sharon