From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 08:29:55 PDT
hi everyone!

I have to say thanks again to EVERYONE who was so wonderful in helping me
diagnose keera, find a doc., emailing me on WHAT to do after the surgery...

Keera's stitches are out and she couldn't be bothered with everything I
did for her!  I aged a few years in a short little weekend on my trip to
Potomac MD---but i think the emergence of the wrinkles only shows how much
i absolutely LOVE my ferrets!!  :)

All your help was so appreciated!! (even if keera acted like all the
work was expected of me...)
~~~~~

My thoughts on Modern Ferret:
I am a new subscriber.  But i think a point that isn't being made all too
clear is:

Has ANYONE noticed that of the three debated magazines only MOdern Ferret
has personally responded to the FML debate??

To me this means that of the 3000+ subscribers ot the FML, not one of them
is an editor or close enough to editors of Ferrets or Ferret USA to have
them write in and discuss the issues with the list.  I am sure there would
be an explaination from Mod. Ferret if they for some reason made a mistake
in their mag. and it was brought up on the FML.

At first I wasn't too sure about Modern Ferret.  I appreciate the work
and all, but I am really not the kind of gal to read things from a ferret
perspective.  After previewing a few issues, i decided to subscribe--I am
supporting an effort made by two caring individuals.  I also feel I have
"outgrown" the other magazines.  They are printing articles that have the
answers I already know.  For others it may be great--for me, i think I have
moved on.

I do have to say: If you look at the Jan/Feb issue of Ferrets.  I read a
lot of interesting ideas--i looked at the authors of them and realized i
recognized the names!!Troy Lynn Eckhart's article on toys, Pam Troutmans'
article on cages,and Dr. Karen rosenthal's answers to medical questions--
this is also positve.  It isn't a repeat of FerretUSA normal articles of
"buying a fuzzy.  is it right for you." the basics for non-ferret owners.

well, those are my 2+cents on the issue.  Mary and Eric seem to be very
receptive to problems with their fuzzies and with their other baby, Modern
Ferret.  Something I haven't noticecd about FerretsUSA at all!

Thanks again for the amazing advice!!
meg and the threesome in NY

ps: Keera has only 40% of her right adrenal remaining--and no left adrenal
anymore..

is there something i need to look for.  She seemed so energetic the first
few days and now she seems to sleep very deeply and take more naps.  It has
been three weeks since surgery.  Anythoughts from my saviors out there???:)