From:
Jeanne Carley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 06:54:02 -0800
>Subject: Ferret Calendar for April
>Hi to everyone on the FML.  I peaked ahead to the April page on the Ferret
>Calendar.  Because of the kangaroos in the background, I assume it's
>supposed to be for Aus4tralia, but does anyone know what the significance
>is, of the hat with the pieces of cork hanging from it?  Thanks! [CT]

Hello everyone,

Jennifer forwarded this to me and I thought I'd let you know that some
wonderful ferret lovers in Australia, Philip & Nona Langley, hand made
that bush hat (to make it ferret-sized) and sent it to me along with the
Kangaroo Crossing sign.

When I asked about the corks, Nona told me they were to keep the flies
away, which can be overwhelming.

Jeanne Carley

The Ferret Company
P.O. Box 7161