From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:39:28 -0500
>From:    "Michelle Z. Matta" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: question for those with dedicated fuzzy rooms
>I'd like to hear from any of you that have a "dedicated" ferret room.

Me, me!  We now have a "1 bedroom" house now because the second largest of
the three is the computer room and the smallest is the ferret's room.  Yep,
we actually got to keep one to sleep in.  Imagine that! :-)

We spent about $800 ripping out the carpeting and putting in nice, shiny
white tile in the ferrets room.  I then cut the door in half and made a
dutch door out of it, which came out pretty nice looking, if I do say so
myself and it works really great.  All their toys, tubes, cages, etc., are
in this room.

But you know what... we still let Beasley, Spaz and Penny have free run of
the whole house 24/7.  Yeah, I know, I should keep them locked up for their
own safety when we're not here, but we've been owned by ferrets for 15
years, lived here 5 years, and I don't think a cage or room could be much
more ferret proof than our entire home.

Sheesh, what we don't do for these little ones.  It is handy when we need
to do something that requires them being in safe place, or when non-ferret
smart guests come over, but otherwise we rarely force them to stay in the
room.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC