From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 14:58:22 -0500
So, your ferrets like to stash things, huh?  Well, most other ferrets
that I've heard of do the same thing!  However, I don't have any personal
experience with that...other than trying to fit a mini basketball into a
tiny little space under the couch (unsuccessfully, of course! :)) my
ferret don't stash *anything*...except the occasional crayon (from my
daughter's own stash).  No food.  No snacks.  No newspapers.  No toys
(though they play with virtually anything and everything in the house).  No
jewelry.  Nothing.  They have a number of hidey holes, but I've never found
anything in any of them.  I've moved all of the furniture at various times
(occasionally looking for the odd fuzzie that escaped the round up for the
night) and gotten everything in the house moved from time to time.  Never
found a single thing.

Now, there are two theories on this (the fuzzies refuse to divulge anything
under interrogation): either they don't find a need to hide anything since
there is so much to play with and it's always there when they go looking for
it, or these aren't fuzzies.  Don't know which way to go on this one! :)

BTW, the list of toys my kids like are: matchbox cars, non-moveable action
figures (solid plastic), a mini basketball, cat balls (lattice plastic with
a jingle bell inside), my most important bills, my computer mouse, my chess
set, plastic bags and boxes with holes cut in uneven locations and a shirt
placed inside.  The baby (Hershey) likes to talk on the phone, too.  He was
sleeping last night (Friday night) during round up and I decided to leave
him out until morning.  When I got up, two of the three phones downstairs
were off the hook!  He also likes my hair, even though it's very short.  Of
course, the one toy they *all* love to play with, is the cat! :)

Todd and the (Who needs Disneyland?) Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns! [Mourning
Silver Dude]

---
http://users.success.net/toddl/