From:
Andrea King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 18:57:15 -0500
I am a member of the Triangle Ferret Lovers Club in North Carolina.  Today,
some of our club members and ferrets visited the Ronald McDonald House
serving Duke University Medical Center.  This is the second visit we have
made, and both were very successful and rewarding.  The children loved the
ferrets, the parents had lots of questions, and the ferrets seem to have
a great time too.  Today, I met a little girl (around 12 or 13) who is
staying at RMH with her mother while she is receiving treatments.  After
meeting and handling the ferrets, and learning a lot about ferret
ownership, she and her mother expressed interest in getting a ferret after
they return home to Mississippi.  The little girl will be confined to
inside for a year and it sounds like a small, inside pet requiring lots of
attention and TLC is just what she needs.  The mother said she would be
most interested in adopting a ferret from a shelter and she also would
like to find out if there are any ferret clubs in her area.  They live in
Gulfport.  She said the Buloxi area would be okay too.  Any information
would be appreciated.  They will be at RMH for another month and I told her
I would call her with any information I can get.

Thanks,
Ande