From:
Penny LePage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:58:23 -0500
Hello to all

Today I caught the Martha Stewart Show and Splash was on there getting a
bath.  It is really special that she has the pet man, can't think of his
name, on so often and he always has his ferret, Splash with him.

I have decided that Blossom is blind now.  We have thought several times
that she was loosing her sight but then she would act ok.  She has been
running into my leg if she is running along and I am in the way.  She keeps
her nose to the floor and does very well on getting around.  The only
trouble we have is all of a sudden Taz, Freddie, and Burglar are being very
aggressive toward her.  They are the same way with Nala and Flower but not
as bad.  Everyone has been getting along fine till just lately.  Can't
figure it out.  Snowball and Dipper get along with the girls just fine.
While I am thinking about it I would like to remind the new ferret owners
to be sure and give the fuzzies kitty malt for hairballs.  While cleaning
one of the cages today, I found a hairball that someone had thrown up.
Sick huh?  I remember cleaning up from the cats, so I know what they look
like.  So please be safe and get the hairball meds into them since SPRING
is here and everyone is shedding!!

Ok, one more thing.

We have a lot of new ferret owners on the list now and so maybe some of the
simple things bear being repeated.  How about cleaning water bottles.  What
do you all use to clean and sterlize them?  I use half vingar and water,
soak and then wash and rinse well.

Prayers to all who have lost the best friends to Rainbow Bridge.

Penny
Burglar, Missitoo
Snowball, Nala
Blossom, Flower