Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:36:33 -0500
Hi FMLers,

Want to see multiple ferret heinies sticking up in the air?  Want to see
deliriously happy ferts?  Try a bucket of sand placed on a sheet in the
middle of the floor!!!  We brought back sand from Virginia Beach (it was
dry)- We half-filled a muck basket with most of the sand, then put 3"
inside of a plastic humidifier (take out the motor part.  Leaves a slanted
plastic box with a hole in the top).  The guys were pushing each other out
of the way to dig!  At one point, there were 7 ferret's buttocks sticking
up over the top of the muck basket, while they were slinging sand every
which-a-way.  I was worried about sand in their eyes, or privates...Not to
worry.

Apparently they squeeze their eyes shut while snorkeling- The rest of the
sand they just shook off.  (my poor husband- he thinks that we'll catch
each fert and wipe each little footie off before they track sand onto the
carpet<g>) At any rate, they were all bouncing and dooking and diving
head-first into the sand.  It was hysterical.

We are being careful to put the sand up and out of reach of the CATS when
the ferts aren't playing- Don't want any "kitty sugar doughnuts" in the
ferrets' sand box!!!

Some of the ferrets are feeling spring in the air- I caught three of them
sprawled in front of the back door, looking up the wall rack where their
harnesses are hanging.  Their little faces were so pitiful..."pleeeeeeze,
mom?  A short romp?  A leap in last year's leaves?  Pleeeeeeeeze....."

Maybe I'll take them to check out the new craters in the back yard- the
ones the dogs designed for us.

Marlene and 19 spring-silly fuzzbuttocks
Premier Pet Products