From:
Lisa Carswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 06:50:45 -0500
>Does anyone have a ferret with a preferance for a certain toy?  I have
>collected over the years fist size McDonalds stufffed toys..Joey, wherever
>he sleeps will drag his little camel with him and sleeps nex to it..he has
>about 10 little animals to choose from but always picks the camel.

Hi, June!

My ferrets have certain toys that they prefer as well.  I've also
discovered that certain toys from fast-food kids' meals make great ferret
toys, and a lot of the toys that my ferrets favor were originally from
McDonald's or Burger King.  :) My Zorro loves his wind-up Abu, the monkey
from Aladdin.  He'll run across the room to you when he hears the sound of
that toy being wound up, and he'll take Abu by his arms while he's still
moving and haul him off to hide him.  Claudia loves jingle balls better
than any other toys.  She can spend hours chasing them around the floor.
Loki prefers a little wind-up mermaid.  He likes us to wind her up, then
when her tail is flopping around and making a noise, he'll pounce on her
until he "kills" her (i.e., until her tail winds down.  :)).  Once she's
"dead" he wants us to start the process all over again.  Fezzik prefers a
quieter toy.  Like your Joey, he has a preference for a stuffed animal,
in this case a Tigger that came from a Happy Meal.  Last, but not least,
Crysin likes the Weezil Ball, which if you're not familiar with it, is an
electronic ball with a toy weezil attached.  When you turn it on, the ball
rolls around the floor by itself, and it looks as if the "weezil" is
chasing it.  Crysin can amuse himself by trying to catch the weezil for a
long time.

I hope others will post about their fuzzies' favorite toys
as well. It's always interesting to see what kinds of toys
other ferrets like.

Dooks to all,
Lisa
Mom of Zorro, Claudia, Loki, Fezzik, and Crysin
@}-}--
"It won't rain all the time
The sky won't fall forever
And though the night seems long
Your tears won't fall forever."
     --"It Can't Rain All the Time,"
       Jane Siberry/Graeme Revell, from The Crow soundtrack