From:
Lori Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 23:32:02 -0600
HI all you Ferret Lovers.

It has been awhile since I have posted anything.  I last posted when I
was asking about My blind Ferret "Zoe".  I need some help.  Last night We
noticed that "Zoe" in a matter of days has gotten very very very thin.
When she tried to get up and walk, she would just fall, and lay where she
fell.  We took her to the vet this morning and the vet thinks it is Cancer,
but doesnt suggest we do anything about it because if her age.  I did not
like this answer so we contacted a friend of ours who is a former shelter
owner.  He seems to think that from the sound of it, that she just might
have "ECE".  Has anyone had any experience with this, and what did you do?
So far we have given her nutra cal that the vet gave us, and we are giving
her pedialyte with a little ensure for taste.  She has started to eat a
little, but only if we force feed her.  My friend also suggested Duck soup,
but I dont know how to make it, or where to get it from....can someone
help.  Please say a prayer for "Zoe".... She is a sweet girl, and has
family here who arent ready to lose her.

Thank you!

Lori