From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:56:25 -0600
Hi,
Yesterday, I received a call from my vet.  She said someone was looking for
Ferret Rescue.  My vet took the lady's name and phone number and relayed it
to me.  I called the lady last night.  She (the lady) decided the ferrets
weren't getting enough attention.  Would I pick them up?  The lady asked if
I would do it when the children were in school today.  At 8:15, I arrived
to pick up the furkids.  Sad sight, skin and bones, nails needed cutting.

The ferret environment: 2 school age children, 1 toddler, Mom expecting
another in May, 1 cat, and 1 dog.  The cage was kept in a bathroom (not
being used I assume) The cage barely fit in the area.  I was not able to
see the cage.  I did see that the ferrets were sleeping in the corner
litter pan on the top layer.

Thank the Lord they are with me.  I put them in a cage with a food dish.
Soon had to put a second one to prevent a fight for the dish.  They now
have food, water, nails clipped, given a dose of FerretVite.

What's next?  The vet exam is scheduled for 8 AM. Thursday.  Poop sample,
Vitamin B shot, distemper shots, and maybe deworming, and whatever my vet
recommends.

Any suggestions on names?

Chanel Ferret