From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 23:08:30 -0500
Hello Everyone

I have 2 questions I'd like to ask & anyone can respond to me by e-mailing
me if they would like or to post on the FML.  First of allI got a call from
someone tonight asking if I would take one of her two ferrets.  This makes
no sense to me at all, but it seems that both she & he work long hours &
don't have time to spend with 2.  One is 1 & a half yrs old & other is
6mos.  They got the 2nd one to keep the 1st company.  All the 1st wants
to do is sleep & all the 2nd wants to do is play so they think the 1st is
unhappy & would rather be by itself.  I tried to tell her that they would
bond after awhile, & she did say they play together ok, not fight.  It is
just that #1 doesn't want to play so much.  So they want a home for #2.  I
told her that #1 would be more lonely without #2 there & them away working.
But it didn't do any good they still want to give #2 up.  I did tell her
to watch #1 closely & if it looks sad they could have #2 back & try again.

Now the question.  She said that they had called the Humane Society in
Tampa FL to see if they would take it & she was told that yes they would
take it but it would be put right to sleep because they don't have an
adoption program for ferrets!!!  Does anyone know if this is true?  I would
call Tampa myslef in the AM but it's going to be a real busy day & I don't
think I will have time.  This is hard for me to believe but suppose it's
true.  It's so sad!  They don't get a chance at all.

Second question is awhile back I was surfing around & found some info about
Marshall Ferrets.  I can't remember where I was & even printed out a page
<can't find copy> to help me, but read where after a breeding pair of
ferrets is about 3yrs old they are destroyed because they are now too old
for breeding purposes.  Does anyone know if this is true?  This I can about
believe.

Thank you in advance Lynn & the Six <soon to be Seven> Sneaky Snakes