From:
Goddess O Whip Cream <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 16:15:59 PST
Hiya FMLers!!!!

Well, first things first, I was a bit behind on the FML, I saw that Emily
had posted asking about wether to adopt from pet stores, or breeders.
People have different opinions, but most defenintly say BREEDERS.  I agree.
I know everytime we go into a pet store, there is something really bad
going on there.  I`ve never seen it so bad.  Me and my step-mum went
into a pet store to see the quality, they had an over-stock of ferrets,
dehydrated, couldn`t get water, couldn`t even move.  Of course we caused a
scene.  We go back later, in a few months, and they had 12 new arrivals.
SAme condition.  Luckily though, when we went this past weekend, they had
no ferrets.  I`ve seen some breeder condition, if the breeders breed too
much, it could be bad, but its better than pet-stores.  Personally, I`d go
for a shelter, probably your best bet.  Good luck while ferret hunting!!

Bob Church posted this, and it made me crack up.
>Q: "Help!  My ferret's gums are bleeding around the canines?  Any advice?"
>A: Never squat neckid in front of your ferts.  Especially if you are a guy.

hmmmmm, ya think?!?!  LOL!!  They brought back one memory in special, when
little Meggy was still around.  Me, Marlene, and my dad were all sittin
`round while the ferts were out.  You see, dad is very picky, he doesn`t
wear, well, umm, underpants.  THERE I SAID IT!  hehe.  This is gonna be bad
though, Marlene is gonna take this home and show it to dad!!  hehehe!  Well
anywho, Meggy was jumping around among us, and dad had his legs spread out.
Meggy just shot right in though one side of his shorts and right out
through the other, but it wasn`t TOO fast.  Dad freaked!  He said if Meggy
would have 'bit' anything, she wouldn`t be livin` there any more.  We were
laughing sooo hard.  I wonder why dad didn`t think it was funny....hmm....

Condolences to everyone who has lost a fert.  Be strong, you can make it :)
I got to go now!!  Oh yeah, BtW, *leans down and picks some flowers* For
you Skeeter :) Take a few flowers, then give some to Pappy, and all the
other ferts up there :) Bubbly buy buy ya`ll!!

     xoxo
        Jammy, The Ferret Chick