From:
Modern Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 15:37:28 -0500
Oddly enough, October 10, 1998 was our 5 year wedding anniversary (Eric &
Mary) - thus I was only skimming the FML when I noticed the Modern Ferret
reference.

>From:    Leigh Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Sighting
>Well, I guess I'm going to mention this ferret sighting.  My husband sure
>was excited about this one.  It appears in a certain " mens' " magazine.
>Apparently Miss November, Tiffany Taylor, thinks you can never have enough
>ferrets, and is always playing with her babies (7 ferrets).  Article also
>includes a picture of her with two of her babies...
>
>[Moderator's note: Modern Ferret magazine has centerfolds too!   BIG]

Well, I thought about Bill's comment for a few weeks, and then figured that
I might as well put in a call to Playboy.  Note that most of the time when
I call a company and say I'm from Modern Ferret magazine I get very little
respect or interest from the other end.  I left a message on the voice
mail for some publicity person at Playboy and figured that would be the
end of it.

But this time it was different!  The next day I got a call back from
Tiffany.  I thought I was answering a typical "would you like to change you
long distance service?" call when the person on the other end said, "Hi!
This is Tiffany Taylor!"

And this lead to:
Modern Ferret Issue #22 (May/June 1999) will feature an exclusive interview
with Playboy Playmate Tiffany Taylor and her seven ferrets.  Tiffany and
her ferrets will be on the issue's front cover, centerfold (now she'll
have ANOTHER centerfold to her credit!), and in a several page full-color
interview.  Although Tiffany will be wearing clothes, her ferrets will not!
This will be the first time a centerfold's ferrets have posed for a
centerfold.  Modern Ferret will be doing a major publicity push through
both Playboy Magazine and through traditional media sources.

We feel that this will really help raise the visibility of the magazine (we
will be featured in Borders Books "Cover to Cover" promotional fixtures)
and thus help raise the awareness of how wonderful ferrets are as pets.
Tiffany is a really devoted ferret owner and is a great example for what a
ferret lover is like.

Quick Info: Tiffany owns 7 ferrets - 1 from a private breeder, the other 6
were unwanted ferrets she rescued.  They are all very well behaved (they
even spent a few days at our house), friendly, and well-cared for.  Tiffany
is definitely a model ferret owner in every sense of the word.

I'd like to thank Leigh and Bill and all of the folks on the FML for
providing such a forum for discussion of a variety of information relating
to ferrets, and hope you will all enjoy this special issue of Modern Ferret.

For more information and to see a preview of the cover, check out our web
site.  Who would have imagined this would all come from one small post on
the FML?

- Eric

Modern Ferret Magazine - For ferret owners. By ferret owners.
Mary & Eric Shefferman & the Fuzzies: Sabrina, Marshmallow, Knuks, Trixie,
Bosco da Gama, Balthazar, Cauliflower, Koosh, and Gabrielle
http://www.modernferret.com