From:
Victoria Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:40:54 -0500
Hello, This is Victoria.  I have only posted a couple of times but I read
FML religiously every morning and have learned so much.  Thanks to everyone
who posts!  I have a concern and a question.

My husband got Chewbacca for me for Christmas.  He is the largest ferret
I have ever seen and is only about 18 weeks old.  He has beautiful fur,
plays, eats and poops just fine!  HE is so TIMID.  Any out of the ordinary
sound frightens him and he takes off to hid.  If he is playing and we go
into the room he nearly kills himself trying to get somewhere and hide.  As
soon as he sees it is me or my husband he is fine.  We can't hold Chewbacca
for more then a second.  He is always want to be playing and war dancing.
He lets us pet him if he is sleepy.  So he seems ordinary in so many ways.
There is nothing in our environment that could cause him to be so afraid.
We only have fur children and our fuzzbutts have their own room with lots
of toys, tubes and a number of things to do.  We play with them at least
2-3 hours a day and let them run around the 2nd floor.  We handle them a
great deal and we don't yell at them or do anything at all that could be
scary!!!!

Has anyone had this experience with one of their fuzzies?  Other then
reassuring him with pets and kisses is there anything else I should/could
be doing.

On a different note I just got our web page up!!!!!  Yippee!  If you have
a moment drop in to see the pictures of my business.  (Proud Mom here!)
Naturally I think they are so adorable.  Suggestions and comments are most
welcome.

Thanks and Kisses to all Fuzzies!

Victoria
Pasha, Yoshi, Chewbacca, and Kizsi-ki