From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 22:45:03 -0500
I just got the latest issue (Jan/Feb '99) of "Ferrets" magazine and was
reading an article on communicable diseases in ferrets.

In the article they brought up the topic of reactions to vaccinations.  It
said that if you ferret had a reaction at home, you could administer 3 cc's
(or 1 teaspoon) of childrens benadryl before going to the vet.

Isn't that an awful lot?  Last time my vet suggested benadryl for one of my
guys that had a bit of congestion due to a cold, she told me to give him
0.2ml up to three times a day.

Granted, we were treating for a different thing, but 15 times that amount
sounds like an awful lot, doesn't it?

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC