Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 00:16:51 GMT
From:
Ferret Chickie <[log in to unmask]>
Hi there fmlers...

It is with a heavy heart and tearfilled eyes that i tell you that little
`ole Odie passed on and went to The Rainbow Bridge.  He was helped over
on Monday bye my step-mum, Marlene, and our vet, Dr. Zicaro.  Odie had
Lymphoma when we recieved him in.  He was in horrible condition and he
couldn`t even walk.  Marlene and me had high hopes for Odie, and he started
doing better, then he`d crash.  That cycle kept on repeating itself over
and over.  For the last month of two that we had him, we syringed him a/d
with water and some yeast (i`m sorry but i can`t remember the name of the
yeast).  It kept him alive, but it just went straight through his tiny
little body and came back.

We knew the harsh truth, we had to help him over the bridge soon, for him
suffering would be a far worse thing to do, and something we would never
consider.  This past weekend i knew that it would be soon for little
Odie-o, so i said my goodbyes to him and gave him one last hug and kiss.
The next day, while i was already away from the shelter, Marlene made an
appointment with Dr. Zicaro, and he peacefully went over the bridge.

It does give me great comfort to know that Odie is on the bridge playing
with Pappy and Skeeter, now healthy and young once again.  Some day I will
have a chance to meet up with him again, but until then, he will always be
in my heart.

Skeeter, i would like it if you would keep an eye on Odie.  Make sure he
'fits in' and gets on well.  He`s a beautiful boy with big black eyes and
he is impossible to miss.  Thank you.

Everyone, please give your ferrets extra hugs and kisses.  And i wanna send
out a special thank you to Echo, Tally and Mum, god friends with a heart of
gold.

    xoxo
          jammy and the frenzy of fuzzies, missing Odie and Pappy