Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 16:53:37 PST
From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Well I have to say I just couldnt BELIEVE what I was reading.....

I was browsing through the FML really quick before I had to make my kids
dinner and I had to stop and read over and over the post about Ed's sheler.
I have 3 kids under 7 and was outraged at his assumption that children and
ferrets do not go together.  A couple years ago my husband and I wanted to
get some ferrets and I knew nothing about them he only a little.  We went
to our local shelter and the shelter mom was EXCELLANT and I was even
pregnant...she taught us everything we wanted to know..she interviewed us
extensively and her shelter is one of the most desirable in Washington
State.  We kept in close contact and I ended up volunteering there....

Anyways, We moved to Seattle and were really interested in Adopting some
new fuzzies...OUr children were great with the ferrets, very properly
supervised and they helped to clean them, feed them and wash their bedding.
I called Ed's shelter and almost went however my husband became sick and we
didnt go.....i am SO glad now taht I didnt even try.....the embarrasement
of feeling like i was incapable to be a mom and that my children were
nothing and that everyone in my household would have to read HIS certain
book and have HIS certain classes and pass all HIS too hard to pass test...
no WONDER he has 42 ferrets to adopt!!!!!!  Im sorry......but with
restictions such as those I found myself understand why the ferrets
disappear so fast from our local pet stores....

*I* even have looked at the pet stores.....

At least there I know that I can get to know the ferrets, and I wont be
judged as a bad ferret mommy because I have young children and have never
read THAT particular book and I dont feed HIS particular food and do things
HIS way...and WHY little girls?!?!?!?!  I have a little girl that is
sooooooooooooooooo loving to our animals!!!!

*sigh* I guess it just makes me angry that these ferrets have potentially
to go to some VERY loving homes but NO they are forced to stay at the
shelter and not have kids or mommys that love them more than anything in
the world....i feel sad for those ferrets.....I feel sad for Ed....man,
you are keeping these fuzzies from finding loving wonderful parents!!

[HH]