Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 09:00:03 -0800
From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Hello, all!

After seeing the recent posts regarding FAA transports, I just wanted to
add my story.

This past weekend I just finished my first transport thru FAA.  It was so
much FUN!  There were two female ferrets rescued here near Baltimore by a
wonderful ferret lady.  After a couple of weeks of "advertising" no one in
the area offered to take them.  I would have, if I didn't already have 5
ferrets and a fiance stuffed into a one-bedroom apartment.

So, another wonderful ferret lady in New York offered to take them.  The
only catch: how to get them there.  So Kym from FAA sent out e-mails to
us volunteers here in Baltimore to see if we could help.

To make a long story short, I went 1/2 hour up to Jarretsville & back last
Wednesday to pick up the girls and kept them at my apartment until Saturday
morning.  Then my fiance & I drove up 2-1/2 hours to Mahanoy City, PA, in
the rain then snow to meet the new mommy who drove 3+ hours from New York
to get them.  It snowed like crazy, traffic was awful, and my fiance did
nothing but whine about it.

But I HAD A WONDERFUL TIME!!  I got to meet some great new ferret people.
I e-mailed and spoke to Kym on the phone and found her to be super friendly
and helpful with this.  Melanie, the original rescuer, was super friendly
and introduced me to her own ferrets and her dogs.  Debbie, the new mommy,
was really great, especially after her crummy trip in awful weather, and
was SOOOO excited to get her new babies.

Everyone worked together to make it as easy as possible on each of the
parties involved.  I took some video of the girls and our trip to PA.
(Unfortunately it was snowing too hard to film during the actual transfer.)
And I met really cool ferret people (and ferrets) that I probably never
would have otherwise.

I loved doing it and will do it again (even though my fiance threatened to
move out if I "pulled this crap again").  It felt really good to see the
look on Debbie's face as she met her new furkids (even though I was
heartbroken to have to give them up!  :-))

Melissa, good luck in your new position.  You can count on me if you need
help in the Baltimore area!

Please folks, consider helping out.  You don't have to go nearly as far
as I did (or you can go even farther if you so desire).  I just feel the
experience was well worth what I got out of it.

Aileen & the herd
Slinky, Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy (are the strangers gone yet, mommy?)
==
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."