Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 15:06:37 -0500
From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Well, I had to tell everyone about this.  I have made some wonderful
discoveries.  I don't know if this is because I am a new mom and new to the
FML or what, but if I am making a repeat of someone else, please forgive me.

To begin with, I went to Wally World to get a few odds and ends.  My mother
was with me and was absolutely sure that ferret food (the kind I buy) was
at Wal-mart.  Sooooo, off we go to the pet section.  My ferret food wasn't
there, but I did find some great toys.

First, I bought a circular track with an electronic mouse in it.  Not only
did the cat love it, but the ferrets love it too.  They crawl inside the
track and go round and round and round pushing the mouse.  The cat sits
outside and just swats at the ferrets!  Great fun for all.  (The cat isn't
declawed, but he knows, somehow, not to extend them on the ferrets.  They
all play well together.) There is also that burlap stuff on top and the
ferrets just dig, dig, dig on it.

Next, I bought a piece of block with carpet on it and it has a metal spring
attached to it with a ball on the end of the spring.  Now, the cat sniffed
it and the ferrets weren't too interested.  I took the spring off (I was
afraid of getting little claws stuck in it) and they just nose the block
around and dig and scratch on the carpet on the block.  I took the spring
and drug it across the floor and they just chase it as hard as their little
feet will go.  What is so great, is when they chase it, they make this
cooing noise.  It is so funny.

Finally, the Wal-mart bag.  I accidentally dropped it and they went nuts
over it.  I picked it up and cut the bottom out and then just tossed it up
in the air.  They have been attacking the sack like crazy.  They all can't
seem to make up their minds on which toy to play with.

Needless to say, that after an hour of this, I have 2 very tired ferrets.
They are both lying quietly in sleepy sacks and their little tongues are
hanging out from all the excitement.  Can't beat it!!!!

Dooks to all!

April, Luna, Sola, Nutt the cat, and Bridgette the sideline watching dog....

http://www.geocities.com/~april_gallaty

"Get thee down. Be thou funky." - Anonymous