Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 21:46:00 -0800
From:
First off, all of you who sent your warm wishes thank you, thank you thank
you!

Now to the end of Fritz and his mothers, Yvonnes story.  What I was
concidering the hardest thing was supposed to happen today...I had to tell
the full story of Fritzs passing on and give over his remains to his owner.
Yvonne called early this morning to tell me she was back home and was
coming to pick up Fritz, the entire time she was in tears.  When she came
to my door she had obviously had not stopped, puffy faced and red eyes and
still the tears flowed and she could barely speak.  You see the worst of it
is, Yvonne blames the death of her baby on herself...she feels she should
never of left him, the medications were wrong, the food she was feeding him
was wrong, ect.  We let her know over and over that Fritz lived a long
time, maybe longer than many who have had all the right treatments, just
off her love, which is better than medicines and the right vet.  She told
us that she was a horrible ferret mom, and would never have another ferret
again.  Of course I was terribly sad, I knew this was horrible but I also
knew she was probley one of the best ferret people I've ever met, and knew
if she gave herself another chance would do things perfect, for she now
knew how to go about getting the right information.

During this time, Pippi, the reknowed shoulder ferret had climbed over the
kitchen gate.  Now, Pippi is a very very needy fert, who must have lots and
lots of human attention and lots and lots of exercise time or becomes very
stressed and looses hair on the end of her tail as well as gets rather
thin.  Pippi came here from a larger shelter who thought we could provide
more time for her.  The little girl, was still stressed though, every time
I picked up another ferret she looked devastated, she needed all the
attention.  Pippi is a very hyper and intelligent girl, as it seems many a
badger colored female is, otherwise known here as Blue Lightening because
of how quickly the girl moves.  It had always pained me, that it never
seemed I could give her enough attention, she so desparetly needed it.
Pippi is not one I want to adopt out quite yet either, because of the hair
loss, even with checking out clean of any disorders and not having any
clear cut signs of something amiss, we still feel it's best to watch her.

Well, the crazy lightening girl ran to Yvonne and climbed directly up her
leg to her shoulder, where she then planted a big wet kiss in her ear.  The
most amazing thing then happened....Yvonne stopped crying and started to
laugh.  When she finally put Pippi down, Pippi proceded to do a mad dash
through the house and then ran back, right between Yvonne and her SO.  She
then did her look straight up in their eye trick she's so good at, untill
Yvonne was forced by the shear magnitude of the stare to pick her up.

To make a long story shorter, Pippi now has a very attentive foster mom.
Yvonne has called me and told me everything Pippi has done since going to
her home.  How agile she is and well she found a way to get to the top of
the counter so as to make a grand jump into their garbage can.  How she
follows them from room to room, staring at them until she is picked up.
Now, Mark her SO has only seen one ferret before this Fritz, so he did not
know they did much else more than sleep and go for short walks through the
house.  He was so scared something was wrong when she proceded to do some
spastic sideways run, mouth open making some strange noise and doing this
all around him, until she ran into a wall, only to bounce off and do it
again.  Yvonne was happy to tell him that that is the Ferret Dance of Joy!
Yvonne says she dose this almost continuesly, as well as eats like a horse.
I am soooooo happy, words cannot begin..For she has only been there a few
hours and yet for the few months she spent here, we saw the dance maybe
twice, and never so ecstaticly done.  As far as food, she only picked at
it, hiding most in her bed.  Pippi is so happy to have no more competition
and two attentive humans who don't look at any other ferrets but her.
Yvonne told me, that since going home with Pippi, she has only cried once
more, and that was when they buried Fritz.  Though saddened about Fritz,
she feels Pippi has brought such life into their home she can also feel joy
and laughter.

I must tell you, this is one of the reasons we shelter moms do what we do.
Seeing Pippi and Yvonne together, it was like seeing a match made in
heaven, two such sad needy lives, so obviously happy when fitted together.
Yvonne has taken home every brochure and handout I've ever made, as well as
any photo-copied material I have on ferrets.  I know that Pippi is going to
be the most spoiled and best taken care of ferret in the world.

Though one ferrets time had come to cross over, it was anothers turn to
begin a fresh life.  All is right in the world tonight.

Dooks to all,
Kristine, Bear, Syvia, Moby and Sid

Friends Of Fuzzies Ferret Shelter
Bend, OR
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Farm/2057

Help Friends of Fuzzies every time you browse or shop on-line-at no
cost to you.  Just begin by clicking here
http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=3909&mid=33722