Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 20:21:28 -0500
From:
gregory cassarella <[log in to unmask]>
From: Wed, Feb 10th.
To: Sunshine

The easiest way for me to help you with your question is to start by
saying that;
Shadra + 16 ferts had a great post and sounds similar to my story and
Jennifer Hudson had an EXCELLENT POST and is much like my story:)

I have seven wild fur-kids.  I did not plan a "number" it just happened.  I
bought my first as a kit from a pet store, my second came one month later;
also from the pet store as a kit.  My Cinnamon needed a friend to snuggle
with.  And Coors was the only fert left in the aquarium and just had a
sweet soft sole:) {this was April/May 1996}

I am a volunteer for my local ferret shelter and went on my first rescue
with the director.  This ferret was found outside by a boy in his apartment
community which knew it was a ferret and couldn't survive outside.
Klondike went back to the shelter, was seen by the vet and all the while
laying very deep in my heart.  I phoned the director and arranged a play
date.  Well, obviously Cinnamon and Coors welcomed Klondike into their home
immediately:)  {this was 7/97}  {Klondike being 1-ish}

Then in Dec 1997 our shelter organized a very large rescue from out of
our area.  I helped with the intake and became a foster mommy.  I knew
immediately that two were not leaving.  (hehehe) And obviously my husband
knew one of the remaining two wasn't leaving.  (big softie)

Unti is was all talked out the four stayed:)  Lightning, Ana, Panda and
Fuzzy {being 6mos to 1 1/2-ish}

Ana passed away with cancer in 12/98 and I didn't have any plans of adding.

However, Josie was found outside in a nearby neighborhood and a sweet woman
saved her.  She phoned our shelter and off we went.  (yes, we --this was my
husband's first rescue:) After the quarantine period and a vet visit, Josie
was intoduced to the crew.  Panda fell in love with her as if she was his
"sole-mate".  I'm lucky....my kids are so kind and accepting.  Not to
mension ---this being my husband first rescue.  <evil laugh>  {Josie being
2-ish}

We also have two dogs to complete our fur-children family.  I would
definately recommend a special "vet fund" for medical care.  We personally
put $25.00 each week away.  We don't miss that $25.00 and it definately
helps with yearly visits and/or emergencies.

Each ferret has his/her own personality and I would not live my life
without being a ferret mommy!!  To me my life is filled with unconditional
love and laughter.

Hope this helps you understand. Good luck with yours:)

Plashette and my wild seven