From:
Kim VanderLaan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:06:53 EST
Sorry I'm so behind on my FMLs.......

>From: Megan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Subject: Ferret CPR/Teary EyeAny wildlife
>Any wildlife rehabbers/vets want to comment on CPR/rescue breaths for
>animals?

Since I'm one of those rehabbers, I'll respond: I've got to agree that
great care must be taken so that more harm isn't done by overinflating or
even exploding the little lungs.  I've done CPR on a baby squirrel (not
successful) and a fox (successful, but the animal died for unrelated
reasons).  Fortunately, I've never had to perform CPR on anything else.

>From:    Derek & Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Zoologic ferret milk replacer

Thank you for finding this!!  I've been looking for a ferret-specific
formula!  There are some wild animals that can use this too!

>From:    "Eaton,Samantha" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: cages anyone?

>I've been looking for a new cage for my fuzzball(admittedly, for a belated
>b-day present), and I'd like just a nice sized cage, ... I expect to have
>to pay quite a bit for them, but the prices for the cages I like seem
>outrageous to me!  any ideas or advice on where I can get a nicesized cage
>for my fuzzy in good shape for less than a million dollars?  any thoughts
>would and will be appreciated!!

I bought a FABULOUS cage in May (when I acquired my second ferret).  There
is a built-in litter box that is quite large (12 X 24 inches).  When my
ferrets first saw it, they acted like people who are looking at a new home
and walk into a deluxe bathroom!  I get almost a 100% hit rate with that
box and it is on the bottom of a four level cage.  Following is all the
information you need if you want one of these cages (WELL WORTH IT!!).  I
can send you a .jpg if you'd like to see it.  Eventually, I will be hosting
a web site and selling his cages myself.  Part of the cost will benefit
wildlife rehab centers and possibly ferret shelters.

The cage came from:

Corner Creek Acres
Gregory J. Barinsky
1603 S. Milner
Ottumwa, IA 52501
515-684-7122

(All he wrote down for me on his business card were the dimensions and
price.) The cage is 24W X 36L X 48H.  It has 24 X 24 inches of "floor", and
12 X 24 inches of litter box (comes with the cage) on the bottom level.
Next level is an 18 X 24 inch shelf.  Next level is 24 X 36 inch floor.
Top level is another 18 X 24 inch shelf.  There are 2 doors for cleaning
and removing ferrets and their stuff.  There is another door by the litter
box to remove it for easy cleaning.  There is also a metal tray under the
24 X 24 section of floor, and 3 ramps to get to all the levels.  It costs
$115, plus $25 shipping (to Michigan).  If you'd like to see a picture of
it, let me know.  I have one scanned.

Please mention my name if you order one since he is making a donation to my
wildlife rehab center for each referral I send to him.

Kim VanderLaan