Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:19:50 -0500
To Sam and the new fuzzie, you might try calling Doctors Foster and Smith's
catalog at 1-800-826-7206.  They offer the pet playpen at $114.99, which
is 2'x3' wide and 4' high.  It has a wheeled plastic base and two plastic
benches.  The conversion kit with a hammock and ladders so the ferrets can
get to the benches is $29.99.  This is a great cage (at least my two girls
love it).  It costs about $200 for the complete set at pet superstores.
The set is $189.95 at http://www.theferretstore.com, but they also have
other cages for less.  Best of luck with your new pet.

To all, just a reminder to keep an eye on your house-roaming ferrets.  I
didn't notice that one of mine had gotten into something that became a
"magnet" for fur in his belly.  He had to have surgery this week to remove
it.  Though he's doing very well, and seems to be enjoying the extra
attention I'm giving him during his recovery, my wallet is still
whimpering!