Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 20:22:30 -0800
Well, it looks like we got him a bit too late to be able to operate.  So
we will be trying physical therapy on him.  We had him fitted today for
wheels!  He should be getting them on Monday.  If any of you heard of the
little dog Willy, who is paralyzed and goes to childrens hospitals to cheer
up the kids and show them that he too is disabled, but living well.  Well
same sort of thing.  We are really excited about this.  The poor kid has
sores on his feet from dragging them, not to mention his tummy.  We can't
wait to see what he thinks of his ride.  The people that are makeing it
are excited too, they never had even seen a ferret before and thought I had
a Black Footed Ferret.  They asked, if gee aren't they on the endangered
list?  Of course we explained the difference.  They are only going to
charge us for the materials, which is wonderful, since this will be a first
for them.  They want to have pictures done of him, by a friends of theirs
who is a professional photagrapher.  We'll get pics, if all turns out for
the good, on our site as soon as we can.

Now if I can just figured out how to relive his bladder.  I'm just horrible
at it, my Vet is going to be really sick of me if I don't figure this one
out.  I have a heck of a time finding his bladder and then when I do get
it, I'm afraid of putting to much pressure on so then I start worring about
that and the next thing I know it slipped some where else, jeez!  Dale
isn't figuring it out either, so we are a couple of goons, taking an hour
to empty his bladder.  And Bear sweet fella that he is, puts up with it all
and just kinda gives us little moaning sounds and licking our hands.

Everyone, cross your fingers, that the wheels work, stay on and helps him.
I believe it will, but a pray or two from all of you wouldn't hurt.

I also want to say, our hearts go out to all of you who have lost fuzzies
recently.  The list seemed so sad last night, I don't know if it was my own
spirits or if we all had a sorrowful day.  Today is brighter though and
hopefully it will be for all of you.

Dooks to all,
Kristine, Bear, Syvia, Moby and Sid

Friends Of Fuzzies Ferret Shelter
Bend, OR
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Farm/2057

Help Friends of Fuzzies every time you browse or shop on-line-at no
cost to you.  Just begin by clicking here
http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=3909&mid=33722