From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:53:24 EST
For the lady whose ferret stole the babies pacifiers,been there,done that.
My ferret also has a collection of retired pacifiers.None of the others
ever were allowed to chew on them,Jasmine made sure of that.I can always
tell when it's moving day,Jasmine runs by many times with a pacie in her
mouth,to the delight of many a guest.

Have you considered a play pen for the baby,or would the fuzzbutt just
scale the obstacle?  I'd say use bitter apple on a sacrificial pacie and
leave it where the ferret is sure to find it.This may take a while,
depending on the ferret.We finally gave up and gave her some pacifiers of
her own.This seemed to make her happy.You could also try a pacifier leash,
though a determined ferret will probably get it anyway.At least my grandson
thought it was really funny when the ferret stole his pacie.Never had to
break him from pacie dependancy,the ferret did it for us.All I can say is
start wearing track shoes,or get really good at contortions to get them
back.Good luck.

I have come to the conclusion that we have a rude furby.Honey was out
exploring when she heard the furby talking.She ran over to where my
grandson was playing,and peeked over the edge of the couch.Calvin,knowing
a ferrets tendancy to steal,hugged his furby close.I swear,and I know I
shouldn't,but I swear that furby said nah,nah nah,nah nah,nah and gave her
the raspberry.After I picked myself up off the floor,and Honey quit licking
my ear,it was in reach,I have handled those furbies with more
respect.Haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Sandy and 4 silly fuzzbutts