From:
"J. Matthew Saunders" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:02:30 -0500
Dale asks:

>My vet had previously given me a powder that stopped the blood immediately
>but I have now run out.  Any suggestions on what to use.

I've used three different things.

1) Press the nail into a bar of soap (being very careful that the ferret
doesn't snatch said bar, dragging it to some hidey hole for casual
nibbling).  <Come on Dad!  cut my nails again, soap AND ferretone!?
That's what I call heaven.>

2) Corn Starch.  Just put a dab where the nail is bleeding.  This is kinda
messy, but works pretty well.

3) Styptic Pencil.  This seems to work the fastest, but I suspect it does
sting the ferret a bit.  I know it stings when I use it on nicks from
shaving.

Cheers!
Matthew

The Arts in Technology--Creative Consulting and Contracting

J. Matthew Saunders (540)951-3090
[log in to unmask]   http://www.dogstar.org

"We have to work in the theatre of our own time,
with the tools of our own time" --Robert Edmond Jones