From:
Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 11:14:43 -0800
>From:    Smith's <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Christmas Eve on Larry King Live
>I was livid!  Jack Hanna has obvious never been around ferrets.  Yes,
>people should learn about ferrets before adopting one, but what a HORRIBLE
>story to use as an example.  Up until that moment I had a great deal of
>respect for Mr. Hanna.

[and]

>From:    Bryan & Nancy Lipscy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Jack Hanna on Larry King Live
>Below are excerpts from a Larry King Live show that feature
>"world-renowned" animal expert and IMHO totally ferret ignorant Jack Hanna.

Some folks involved with zoos don't think ferrets are the only animal Mr.
Hanna really needs to learn about.  Just what they've said to us anyway...

Some don't like the mere way he brings predator and prey species onto the
talk shows where they are on stage at the same time.  Can't recall an
exact time though to cite.

We prefer some of the other folks that do the same type of talk show
apperances like Joan Embry.  Don't know her feelings on ferrets  - she's
from the San Diego Zoo I think...

Mr Hanna is right that folks should learn about ferrets and that they are
weasels.  But folks should learn about cats or dogs before they get them
as well.  Dogs "destroy" far more babies than ferret EVER will.

-bill

--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets