From:
Sandi Ackerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 22:36:51 -0800
(Pacific Northwest:) I've been running a ferret shelter for (almost) 3
years now and I've had two MF ferrets who have had pieces of uterus left
which has been the apparent cause of their swollen vulva.  Both had
paperwork from the pet store and Marshall Farms.  According to my vet, she
and other vets here have been seeing "lots" of these problems in the MF
ferrets.  She says that vet techs, not vets, do the spay/neuters at MF and
she suspects that practice, in addition to the early spay/neuter age, is
likely the cause of the problem.

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House

14325 Lake City Way, NE

Seattle, WA 98125s

For news about the Redmond Rabbit Rescue

http://www.houserabbit.org/news.asp?id=9