From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 19:42:08 -0500
Got a slightly frantic call on my answering machine today.  Seems these
people are moving to Honduras on December 27th and in a state of panic over
how they are going to get their ferrets down there with them.

They love them dearly and do not want to see them go as cargo, which at
this point in time seems to be the only option.  The airline they are
flying is one I've never heard of (TONGA or something like that) and they
only allow cats in the cabin.

On a somewhat humorous note... if they can get a vet to call them
"Polecats" on the health certificate, the airline WILL let them fly in the
cabin because they are cats!  Sheesh.

Anyway, I doubt they will find a vet to do that and haven't found one yet.
They are asking for ANY ideas.  They are considering smuggling and any
other means to get them in the cabin.  There is NO problem getting them
into Honduras, however they arrive.

I have no experience flying ferrets anywhere.  If you do, please contact
them at [log in to unmask] REAL soon.  Don't reply here as they do not get
the FML.

And hey, if you know of a vet that will call them "Domestic Polecats" on
the health certificate, that will work too.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Visit our shelter's web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC