From:
Derek & Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 21:48:09 -0500
>From:    The Hintons <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Cage Banger
>One final question: What are ferrets generally looking for when they speed
>bump on the floor?  Attention?  Minka has been doing it a lot lately and I
>don't quite know why.

I suggest getting a fasting blood sugar test done on her if she continues.
Also watch her weight, too.  May be early signs of inslinoma - consult your
vet!

>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Midwest Cage Hazard
>Anyway, on the corner of the cage where the 2 sides meet, there is a gap
>just big enough for an unsuspecting fuzzy to get caught in.  I was so
>frantic seeing Shelby hanging there by 2 toes, as I ran into the room.
>Now I have to come up with something to wrap around the corners of
>all my cages, I'm so paranoid it will happen again.  Anyone with ideas,
>short of welding the corners, please give me an idea to fix the cages
>with something, that the kids won't chew on.

Go to a feed store or a pet store (a place where they sell rabbit hutches) -
or probably even Jeffers or a similar pet supply magizine.  They should
have cage clamps and the clamping tool.  they come in a huge bag.  Just
clamp those on any spot you think needs it!  They are metal and the ferrets
leave them alone (well, I have never had one mess with any).  The clamps
look kind of like this: [

>From:    Bunny Kaldor <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: PETCO

Bunny!  What an excellent 1st post!  =)

What you, Scarlett and the club did was so great (but should I expect
less?!) and I don't think a flame could or should touch you guys!  Sounds
like you guys have been more successful then anybody I have heard of ...

>From:    Penny LePage <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Cleaning water bottles and Blind Blossom
>Today I caught the Martha Stewart Show and Splash was on there getting a
>bath.  It is really special that she has the pet man, can't think of his
>name, on so often and he always has his ferret, Splash with him.

My husband called me at work with this show.  How many ferrets did he have
on?  Any information on who this guy is?

Amy Flemming

Flemming Farms - Michigan, USA
Breeding for Quality Ferrets
American, Australian, German, and New Zealand bloodlines
Come see us at http://www.geocities.com/heartland/ranch/9521

Weasel Watchers Ferret Rescue - Michigan, USA
Helping Needy Weasels

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism"

[Moderator's note: The Martha Stewart piece came up on the FML a few
months ago -- there's more info about the subject in the archives.  BIG]