Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:37:57 -0500
In answer to the question on where to get animal scents .. hunting supply
stores and catalogs have them.  (I don't hunt, but I went to school in an
area of the country where hunting is a very popular activity).

One caveat, though: a lot of the animal scents consist of ... um .. urine
from that animal.  I worked as a checkout clerk at Nichol's (a really,
really cheap version of Wal-Mart) in Virginia for awhile.  We sold bottles
of "deer lure", which consisted of a pale yellow liquid in a clear
container, and I used to check them out all the time, and thought nothing
of it.  Then, one day, one of the packages was leaking as I checked it
through, and it smelled .. gross.  The customer commented, "Oh, I guess I
better get another one, looks like the urine is coming outta that package"

The URINE?  Oh, gross!  I'd always thought it was some sort of synthetic
"deer lure" in that package before!  I was quite pleased when I found
another job (not involving handling animal urine) a few weeks later ...

- Ela