From:
Al Wiebe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:40:46 EST
Is there any "average" sleep duration of ferrets?  Our two seem to sleep
about 20 hours a day.  They have an hour or more run of the house in the
morning and the same in the evening, and they eat well both of those times.
Sometimes they wake and have another run midday.  We were just wondering if
this is normal or should we be concerned?

For what it's worth, we have found by accident that the paper strips
discharged by a shredder create a favorite play place of our two fuzzies.
We now place an open plastic bag of it in the middle of the floor and they
dig into it and make nests in which they curl up and go to sleep (if
allowed).  Guess it would be nice and cozy, when you think about it.

Al Wiebe