From:
Josephine Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 08:32:16 PST
Hi,
Lucky had surgery on Thursday, her vulva started to swell all over again
and i got an appointment as soon as possible, she came through great, my
vet found traces of her ovary, and an enlarged left adrenal gland which he
removed (and gave me in a jar)he was concerned that because of the previous
hormone treatment she might have been in estrus to long, but after surgery
felt that she should recover completely, she was running around the day
after surgery as if nothing had happened, and i had to put her back in the
cage so she wouldn't wear herself out to much.  we also checked Dumpys
glucose levels which were 55 after 4 hours of fasting, indicating
Insulinoma, he is on prednisone and seems otherwise to be doing well, after
his spleen was taken out a month ago he has improved greatly he walks and
runs like any other ferret and since on a new higher dose of prednisone his
energy level is up 100% (since i've had him anyway), now i just hope he
will get extremely bold and try eating on his own....:) so i guess this
means i should cut out the sustacal from his Duck soup, i've been reading
the faq on insulinoma but i would like to know and hear from people with
experience from insulinoma in their ferrets, what food ingredients for the
duck soup, and how i can best care for him so he has the best chances to be
at his best for the longest time,

when he had his spleen taken out, my vet said that all his other organs
looked perfectly normal and healthy, should i get him Timmy's Tonic?  what
is his life expectancy?  how long can i expect the prednisone to work for
him?

All replyes are very much appreciated.
Sincerely
Josephine