From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 11:14:50 -0500
Hi everyone!  We have a very exciting announcement to make.  In the year
2001, Toronto, Canada, will host DaVinci's "Portrait of a Lady with
Ermine".  Toronto is currently scheduled to be the painting's only North
American stop.

We are planning a Ferret Symposium to coincide with the showing of the
painting.  We will be featuring BIG as our MC, and Gary Holowicki (Timmy's
Tonic), Dr. Bruce Williams, Bob Church, Troy Lynn Eckart, Chris from Pacific
ferret shelter network and myself as speakers.

Symposium highlights include:

- viewing of the painting at the Art Gallery of Ontario (possibly private)
- visiting the Metro Toronto Zoo, where the Black Footed Ferret breeding
  program is successfully running
- a private talk from the curator of the Black Footed Ferret breeding
  program

Here is the tentative schedule:

Thursday evening: Meet and Greet at The Ferret and Firkin

Friday morning: Trip to the Zoo and Black Foot display (spend the afternoon
at the Zoo or exploring Toronto)

Friday evening: Viewing of "Portrait of a Lady with Ermine" at the Art
Gallery of Ontario, dinner

Saturday: Guest speakers Dr. Bruce Williams, Bob Church, and Gary Holowicki
(master of Ceremonies Bill Gruber)

Sunday: Breakfast and speakers from shelters Troy Lynn Eckart, Chris from
Pacific Ferret Shelter Network and Randy Belair of the Ferret Aid Society.

We are still working on all the details and will be offering a choice
between an all-inclusive package (accommodation, meals, conference, Zoo &
Art Gallery admission) or conference-only packages to travelers.

We are looking for volunteers to coordinate people in their state/province.
This is not a money making thing for us, any costs are for flying up our
speakers and renting the space.  Many of you know our shelter is in
trouble; regardless of our success in keeping our doors open, the Ferrets
2001 Symposium will go on.

If you have any questions or would like to volunteer your time for this
event, please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

Randy

The Ferret Aid Society needs your help please see
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick/auct.html

Harley T-shirts are here! $36 US $46 Can.
please see http://home.echo-on.net/~magick/store.html

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
click here to raise funds for the ferrets,  just by using your mouse!