From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 11:20:20 -0600
Nellies story, submitted by a very dear friend and supporter, won 2nd place
in the Enquirer contest.  A FERRET STORY WON 2ND PLACE!!!!!!!  Janice is a
wonderful writer and Nellie is a wonderful little albino auction rescue.  I
don't know when the stories will be printed so you may want to look through
the Enquirer when you are waiting in the grocery store checkout line.

And, Janice donated her winnings to FFS.  Janice and Don are wonderful,
loving, caring people and share their home with several little ones that
had come through our programs as well as others that they found needed them
too.  Thank you both for your love, friendship, and support.

Sonny is recovery from his blockage surgery.  Today Spritely is having
surgery for possible adrenal (lump on right side in that area).  Spritely
is one of the very first auction rescues (1993), along with her sister
Capri and mate Zephyr.  Zephyr has insulinoma.  Frisky, their son, has
adrenal and an enlarged spleen.  Bonnie, their daughter, died at 9 months
of juvenile lymphosarcoma.  Bobbi, their daughter, has a weak constitution,
and Sweetie, their daughter, may be adrenal.  It isn't only the MF ferrets
that are plaqued with illnesses.  In case anyone is wondering, No I didn't
breed them - they came to me afterwards and all were promplty altered.

Hug your little ones.  tle