From:
Raymond Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 04:36:41 -0000
I'll admit it.  I stink when it comes to training an animal to do anything
beside tricks.  It took me close to 45 minutes to teach one of my ferrets
to stay on my shoulder (is that quick?)

Imagine my excitement when after two years of trying to litter train my
ferrets, giving up and trying to cage train them, giving up and cleaning
the corners everyday they finally decide to use THE CORNER PANS!!!

I don't understand it.  I think they're trying to drive me insane.

As for the ferrets being used as test subjects...
This is a difficult one to explain for me.  I don't like animal testing.  I
agree that every other possible means should be used first.  BUT... I also
realise that the medical community wouldn't be where it is today without
animal testing.  I'm sure it's saved my life at least once.  I KNOW it's
saved a dear relative's life.  If it's unneccesary, then nail 'em.  Other
than that, I'm afraid I have to turn my head after animal testing
regulations are met.  I think that we all benifit from animal testing in
some way or another.  (Oh dear, I hope I didn't start a controversy...).

Raymond
PS: Intellectual responses on my statements are welcomed and encouraged.
Outright flames will result in revocation of internet access and deletion
of email account.