From:
Penny LePage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 21:55:45 -0500
Hi to all, just wanted to say thanks to all the repsonses on urine drinking.
Sat. morning came and delievered TWO more male ferrets into my care.  MY
LORD, does it ever stop?  I love these guys to death but I have to draw the
line.  I will not get myself into a spot where these ferrets are two much to
care for.  Not I am not saying that these guys aren't getting cared for and
I would go without for them to be cared for, TF and vet bills and what ever
it takes.  I person just has to know when enough in enough.  If I hadn't
taken these last two they would have gone to the shelter and who knows how
long they would be there.

I just get so up set about how many ferrets are out there that are not
cared for and need homes.  People are just not responsible for their pets
and I just had to vent!!

If everyone on this list took 20 ferrets into their homes there would still
be hundreds out there that needed homes.

Well, now that all that is said and I feel better, let me tell you about BJ
and Dipper.

BJ is the older of the two and is about 6.  We were concerned as he was
staring and drinking urine with shakes.  this went on before coming to
our home and since he has arrived, he has eaten good and seems very well
adjusted.  Nothing of these have been noticed.

Dipper is a black 2 yr old and a real peach.  On the other hand he is the
one having trouble adjusting.  He hasn't eaten but is drinking and now
eating duck soup off my finger.  He won't eat it from a bowl, just off my
finger.  Poopies look better tonight so I think he will be ok.  I need to
find homes but I hate to put Dipper through another change.  They have both
been with the same family all their lives.

Thanks for listening while I have been venting.

Prayers to all those who have lost their best friends and prayers for those
who are sick.

Penny and now 10 fuzzies