From:
"Lisa Leidig - The Ferret Haven \"By-the-Sea\"" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 12:38:22 EST
Being a shelter, ear mites are a constant problem - just when you get them
cleared up (you think!) another fuzzy brings them in.

Probably the cheapest and most effective method of controlling ear mites
is by using Ivomec- or ivermectin applied to the ear every 2-3 weeks.  I
bought a bottle of Ivomec from Jeffers (1-800-JEFFERS) for $50.00 - the
bottle is 50ml.  In the last 2 years from date of purchase, I have gone
through about half the bottle - and thats a lot of ferret ears!!  Just a
drop in each ear after you clean the outer ear.

I happen to like Nolvasan for external cleaning and this is done at the
same time as nails are - so I sit down in the "Ferret room" with the
Nolvasan, the q-tips, the Ivomec, the Ferretone and the clippers and go
cage by cage.It takes about a half hour for me to do 20+ ferrets nails and
ears and is really quite simple.  Not too bad an investment in time to
keep my fuzzies healthy and maintained.....

Lisa, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854