Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 19:05:33 -0500
Thank you to everybody who gave me suggestions about creating a ferret
safety gate.

We ended up doing something slightly different that I think might actually
be better and is definitely cheaper.

What we did is bought a regular child safety gate with plastic mesh.
Instead of getting Plexiglas my husband simply cut out two pieces of
cardboard out of the box the gate came.  He cut them to fit inside the
frame of the gate.  To secure the cardboard he used paper clips, unbent and
poked through the cardboard and twisted around the mesh on the other side
in several places.

I think it's better because they can't see through it, and if they see
what's on the other side they want it more.

On my other subject: I have been studying Hebrew for awhile now and I
haven't been able to find a word for ferret in Hebrew anywhere.  I thought
I saw somebody from Israel on here before and I was hoping they could tell
me what the word is.  The only thing I found in a Hebrew-English dictionary
said ferret on the English side, but when I checked out the word it gave on
the Hebrew side it translated as 'weasel'.

Thank you for any help with this.

Melinda and family.

[Moderator's note: The FERRET NICKNAME document compiled by Bob Church
lists 6 Hebrew words for ferret.  Anyone can ask the server to
SEND FERRET NICKNAME to get a full copy.  BIG]