From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 11:10:14 -0800
My big 'ole FATBOY Kyle is a connessier (sp?) of fine fabric.  When we
first got him, we had two others already and they slept in a pillow case.
In went Kyle, us never figuring he would behave any different from the
other two.

Some days later, I found green stuff in his poop.  Oh, no, the dreaded
"green slime disease!!!" But when I scooped it out, I realized it wasn't
slime, it was pillowcase!  I picked up the case itself and found a HUGE
hole in it (of course it was dark green, duh!).

Since then Kyle has munched knitted sweaters, my winter gloves, my
motorcycle gloves, just about every pair of socks I had, my flannel pj's,
2 pairs of slippers, a flannel hammock, the cords on the zipper pulls of my
favorite pullover, the tassles on the oriental rug, and the ropes that hold
the ferret hammocks up (causing a hammock full of unhappy ferts to plunge
to the cage floor).

Thankfully we have been lucky with no blockages or such and when we realize
what his interest is of late, we immediately soak it with bitter apple.

My fiance & I just joke that he's not getting enough fiber in his diet &
that's why he does it.  Does anyone know if ferrets like Wheaties?

Aileen & the herd
Slinky, Gizmo, Kyle, Noel, & Sandy