From:
Diana Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 01:12:44 PST
It is with a very heavy heart that I let you all know that Maggie was
helped to the bridge tonight, the 16th of January just before 11 pm.  I
was very hopeful last night when I saw her drinking from her water bottle.
This morning her eye was pasted closed and she seemed to be uncomfortable
when I fed her although she ate with relish.  Tonight she couldn't stop
going potty, every 2 or 3 minutes she was going and it was obvious to me
that the cancer had spread.  Dr. Loibl came over at 10:00 adn told me what
I already knew.  The tumor had spread and was in her eyes as well.  She had
gone blind in one and he thought it had spread into her colon and that was
the aggrevation causing her to try to go potty.  She was clearly hurting so
I only had one choice.  She died calmly after 7 1/2 years with me in my
arms, and yes she knew she was loved.  It comforts me to know that Roxie
was there to help her along and to assure her that although I waill miss
her dearly, we will be allright.

Thanks to Gary H and to Troy Lynn for again being a cyber shoulder to cry
on.  To all of you who sent get well cards and wishes and prayers as well
as Margie who sent a donation to help pay for the Timmy's Tonic.

                  Diana