From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 02:27:48 -0600
Sharin:
>Hey Bob C - ...hmm.  More blues song verses keep running thru my
>mind, but I am resisting & not writing them down.  I did realize, sorta
>to my embarassment, that Ramon's blues was to the tune of Heartbreak
>Hotel....

ACK!  That's ok, mine was basically to the tune of "New Rubbing On That
Darn Old Thing," by Oscar's Chicago Swingers, circa 1936.  I've been
considering another based on Lucille Bogan's 1935 ditty, "Shave 'Em Dry,"
but will clean it up a bit, basing it on poopie rather than what she was
talking about.  Admittedly, these are obscure blues titles from various
long defunct pre-war race record companies, played on 78s, so it might be
hard to get the tunes or even play them.  If you love the blues, it is
worth it if you can.  On my last trip, I found a copy of a version of
Georgia White's 1936 "If I Can't Sell It, I'll Keep Sittin' On It (Before
I Give It Away)" which I've never heard before (she sings about selling
her chair.  Really).  It is being cleaned and restored before I have it
transferred to CD.  I rewrote another version of it as "If I Can't Bite It,
I'll Keep Poopin' On It (Before I Leave It Alone), which is below.  My
ferts especially love the low sexy voices of Lucille Bogan and Lil Johnson
as well as anything by Butterbeans and Suzy.  Well, they also like "Dook"
Ellington.  Jazzes 'em up...

In any case, if you love the blues (and how can a ferret owner not?), then
its against the law not to sing (or post) the tunes!  So post 'em and help
out the rest of us...

"If I Can't Bite It, I'll Keep Poopin' On It (Before I Leave It Alone)"
By Fert Puddles

If I can't bite it
I'll keep pooping on it
Before I leave it alone