From:
Phyllis Doss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 19:15:54 -0500
Thanks for the information Millie, Paige (my daughters name), Jennifer
and Jan.

Today I found out that Pan, (the "REAL" boy), came from a local pet store.
I reached the original "owner" today and she told me that he and 3 other
ferrets were living in a pet carrier in the pet shop and the pet store
owner gave Pan to her.  I was in this pet store recently and it was very
dirty.  I don't understand why local governments allow a store like that
to be in operation.  I'm callin my local Humane Society to see what can be
done.

I contacted SEVERAL vets from different parts of the state today, (GA), and
learned the following...No one in my town will descent him.  I had to take
him to a vet this morning to convince them that he had not been descented
and neutered.  No one I called believed me.

The University of GA will descent him for $300!  A vet approx 40 miles from
here will do it for $165.  Two vets that I contacted highly recommended
that I NOT descent him.  The general consensus was that it was dangerous
and unnecessary.  I was told that neutering him at a cost of between
$55-$65 would take care of most of the "smelly" problem.

Millie tells me that her "REAL" boy is calm and sweet.  This boy is much
calmer than my neutered male.  Isn't THAT funny.

I'll keep you posted about the "BAD" pet store.

Phyllis Doss