From:
Larry and Victoria Rouch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 14:21:16 -0500
No, I didn't see the Jack Hannah appearance on Larry King Live, but I'm
not surprised at this report of his latest screw-up.  My husband and I
are active wildlife lecturers and have been absolutely stunned at the
misinformation we've seen him put forth on many other television shows.
He's misidentified birds and snakes on several appearances we've seen and
it's unfortunate that the hosts don't know enough to even question him.
For any general viewer, this "expert's" word is taken as the truth and
that's the sad thing about having a "showman" passed off as an authority
on any topic.

Perhaps one day people will realize that it takes more than safari hat and
a nice smile to qualify someone to educate the public about the natural
history or pet suitability of any creature.

--Victoria Rouch