From:
Karen Rochette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 10:51:39 EST
Hi all !  I Need your help badly !

Here's the deal.
2.5 weeks ago,Mom Terry and I received 4 more Rescuees from a neighbor !
When he got his 1st. 2 fuzzies,we tried to tell him how much Care they
needed and that he should stick to only the first 2 cause he'd had No Idea
what he was getting into.  We went over his house several times,and tried
to Assist him in Every way we could,but he Never did what we Advised him to
do!  He had 2 of his 4 that were Very tiny and couldn't really handle the
food the pet store sold him for them.  We gave him a duck soup recipe,I
went over,helped him to make it,and Still he never Used it!  These 4
fuzzies were half starved when we got them!  Their doing Very well
now,their not the problem.

Our first rescuee,Spice is the problem!  He's become VERY,Very Depressed.
He's Not eating,and he has the runs BADLY !  At first we noticed his stools
were a mucousy green color and liquidly.  We cut out his treats,took the
newer food away that we had run out of and only just got some more of.

But None of it helped !  I rechecked the books and I think he may have ECM!
But I'm Not sure!  He's Sleeping all of the time,and barely eating.  After
checking out possible causes on the ferret facts on ferret central I
discovered we could him a little pepto bismal to help correct the problem
as most often this type of runs is caused by lactose.  This worked to
return the stools to their Normal coloring,but their still runny!  Our vets
are closed until Monday!  I'm going to take a sample in for testingMonday
afternoon.  I know from the ferrets mag.  that if he does have ECM there is
no real treatment,but to force feed enough food down his throat!

Does anyone have any other suggestions?  I can be reached at
[log in to unmask] please repley as soon as you can.