From:
Suni Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 15:18:18 EST
We really need your help out there to get these two ferrets to their new
homes!

A little history: These girls came to us from a young man moving to
England.  At least that was the story.  They came to us about two months
ago and in not the best shape physically and downright bad shape socially.
They were both very playful if left alone, but not at all happy to be
picked up or handled in any way.  If you reached for them they screamed and
bit.  It was quite obvious to us that, although they did not appear to have
been abused, they were surely neglected and rarely handled.  My husband and
I have spent a great deal of time working with them to get them used to us
humans and we are very happy with the results, but as has been the subject
of late on the FML, we are shelters and our job is to care for the ferrets
and get them real homes.  As a shelter we know there is no better place for
a ferret than in a real, permanent, loving home.  These ferrets are at the
point that this is what they are now in need of to really flourish,
however, unfortunately, with the way things are in CA, finding them that
home is a more difficult task and requires some out-of state assistance.

Fortunately, a couple in Long Beach contacted us to see if they could help.
They read about us on the shelter update and called to let us know that
they were willing to take the ferrets to a New Mexico shelter that has more
homes available than ferrets to adopt out.  We spoke with the shelter and
are ready to send these two to them.  The hard part is that we live in
Northern, CA near Eureka (about 5 hours from San Francisco and another 6 or
so from there to Long Beach) and I am currently 7 months pregnant and not
able to travel or I'd find a way to take them myself.  Thus, the post of a
week ago asking for any helping hands to drive a few hours here and there
to get these two to their new homes.  The couple is leaving for NM on the
18th, so we need to get them their sooner than that.  Both girls are
vaccinated and healthy of course, coming complete with rabies tags and
vaccination/health records from the vet.

We have one generous individual who lives in Stockton (5 hours from
Eureka), but who is willing to drive them to Fresno if we can then get
someone to drive them to LA where the couple is willing to pick them up,
however they can only travel on the 11th.

Please, please take a moment to see if you can help these two ferrets out.
We've done our part in turning these two into healthy, happy fuzzies, but
we need your help in getting them to the new homes awaiting them.

Many thanks to all those generous people who have helped out our shelter
this year!  God Bless you and Happy Holidays!

SunFerret Shelter & Rescue