Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 18:18:45 EST
From:
M Bailey Green <[log in to unmask]>
I've been lurking, reading and learning(not to mention enjoying immensely)
for about 3 weeks.  This is my first attempt to post.  First let me
intoduce myself and my kids.  I'm Bailey Green ([log in to unmask]) my furkids
are Pogo (1yr, sable, neutered male), Echo (9mos.?  sable sprite and Pogo's
Bookend), Kisska (4yr?  rescued sable gib with lymphosarcoma), Frannie
(Kisska's petite rescued sable sister 3yr?  sprite), and Lila (albino
petstore rescue- the store needed the rescue not the ferret- that still
bites on occasion from the same litter as Echo maybe).  I've just
celebrated the first anniversary of my being gladly owned by weasels.

To Mark Patnode and his nasty baby- my echo was like that, too.  Pogo was
such a joy we thought this one would be his "echo"--WRONG!  She was
terrible.  I was afraid I'd really made a mistake in getting her.  She was
a picky eater from day one and I'd tried every kind of food on the market.
She wouldn't eat it soft or hard or even the canned.  I finally figured out
she was just hungry when she bit through my fingernail and held on for
nearly a minute.  I'd been feeding the parrot some roast, carrots and
potatoes just prior to reaching to pick her up.  Offered her some of the
same as soon as I got her unclasped and she ate like there was no tomorrow.
She loves vegetables, raw and cooked, but she also likes meat.  None of the
others do.  I know the veggies aren't great for them, but I fed them cooked
and mixed with her Kibble till she started eating better.  The biting
stopped as the belly became consistently full.  She is now one of the
sweetest babies you could meet.  Give your baby some more time and make
sure nothing else is bothering her, like hunger, pain or something else.
Echo was a real bother for the first couple of months.  Here's wishing you
all the luck in the world .

RE: The priest and the ferret- Has anyone else ever had the priviledge of
having a ferret break into their home(or even heard of such a thing)?  I
think that was a miracle in itself and therefore hope the priest and nuns
didn't miss the point because of the pain.  God works in mysterious ways!

Thanks for a great mailing list!
Bailey and the gang