Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:54:16 -0500
From:
This is a response to the person who was concerned about adding another
ferret, because she didn't want to risk her first ferret's health.  (Sorry,
couldn't find the original post :))

We currently have four ferrets, and have never had any kind of a problem.
All of them were introduced immediately (this was before I discovered the
FML, and I didn't know better).  We never had a problem with either illness
or integration.  Next time (?), though, I would definitely quarantine, just
to make sure.  With reasonable precautions, I don't think there should be
too much of a problem with bringing in a newbie.  Of course, there's also
no guarantees.

Actually, right now, we're in the process of fighting ferret math.  Again.
Just yesterday, I promised myself that the next ferret we got, after we
had more room, would be from a shelter.  Then, my husband and I went into
SuperPetz to check out their fuzzy supplies, and saw the sweetest, softest
Path Valley silver-mitt boy.  He's perfectly socialized (which is
surprising, because they don't take their ferrets out very often), and
loves nothing more than to be cuddled.  Actually, we think he may be
Chitterbox's brother.  He's about the right age, and he looks an awful
lot like the little silver-mitt who was there when we got our little
Scuttlebutt.  So, now we're trying to decide if we have the time, space,
and money to take care of *just one more*!  (Isn't it always "just one
more" ;) )

Becky (the owner--HAH!!)
Cinnamon (Thanks for the shelf, but I like my hammock better.)
Coke (Mommy, I'm flat and I match the carpet!  How can you still see me
      when I wait at the door?!?!)
Pixie (Yay!  Mommy finded my Slinky!!!)  *tunnel, tunnel, tunnel*
Chitterbox (Well, dat's stoopid!  Hoo shrunkted da Slinkie!  Now I jus'
            gits stucktded!!!)