Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 03:39:16 -0700
From:
Brandon Burt <[log in to unmask]>
A family of mice moved into our house last Spring.  I'm quite sure that
Baldrick, who was little more than a kit at the time, caught at least one.
There was a long, horrifying period during which our animals all had
slightly red muzzles.  The worst of it was not the gore or even the
prospect of our little angels displaying their predatory natures; it was
simply disconcerting to find pathetic, wounded mice around the house which
needed to be humanely dispatched.  The whole business was quite terrible.

Baldrick is no more vicious or wild than he was before he caught the mouse;
nor are the cats.  If anything, Baldrick was actually a bit better about
making a "clean" kill than the cats were.  While I don't like to see little
fuzzy mice suffer, I also don't see any way I can allow a community of them
to live safely chewing up our walls without getting rid of our beloved fur
kids, which is unthinkable.  On the bright side, with three cats and a
ferret, this is a problem with which we are seldom faced.

-Brandon Burt
Salt Lake City